Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

What you need to know in order to change a student's academic standing:

  • Student must be an admitted or continuing student.
  • Student's Bearpass number (M number). Instructions available from the Experts page for Person Search in INB.

Entering Student's Information

  1. Log in to Internet Native Banner (INB). Instructions available from the Experts page for Logging into Internet Native Banner (INB) .
  2. Type SHAINST in the Go To... field. Press ENTER on your keyboard.
  3. Type the student's Bearpass number in the "ID" field on the "Term Course Maintenance SHAINST form. The student's name should appear in the next field.

Finding semester of suspension 

  1. Tab to the "Term" field.
    • If you know the semester that the student was suspended, enter the term here in Banner format (YYYYxx: YYYY= four digit designated calendar year, xx= 20 for spring semester, 30 for summer semester, and 40 for fall semester, i.e. 201020 for spring semester 2010).
    • If you don't know the semester that the student was suspended, leave the "Term" field blank and continue with the following to find the semester.
  2. Click on Query in the menu bar at the top of the screen. 
  3. Click on Count Hits from the drop down menu.
  4. The student's "Term Summary" will appear.
  5.  Identify the last "Learner Effective Term"  with "Academic Status" of "S".
  6. Using the down arrow on the keyboard, navigate to the last semester record with the Academic Status "S".
  7. With the desired term selected, click on the Select icon in the toolbar.  

    If all terms do not appear contact Office of the Registrar for assistance.

  8. The student's "Term Header" will appear. 

Select Scholastic Action Code

  1. Choose the appropriate code from the Scholastic Action Options table below.  

  2.  Enter the selected code in the "End of Term Academic Standing" field.
  3. Save your changes. Click the Save icon  in the tool bar or click File > Save in the menu bar. 
  4. To continue for another student, click the Roll Back icon in the tool bar or click the X to exit student's record.
  5. To exit INB, click the X in the upper right corner.
  6. Click Yes when asked if you want to exit Banner.



For questions or comments, contact the Computer Services Help Desk