- Log In to Internet Native Banner. Type SGASTDN (or the name of the form you wish to use) in the Go To box and press ENTER.
- The SGASTDN form appears. Click on the down arrow next to the ID field to return the Options List.
- Click on the Person Search in the Options List to return the SOAIDEN form.
- Tab over the ID field and enter the student’s last name and first name in the appropriate columns to search the database.
- Here we are searching for students with the last name of Adams. Use the % as a wildcard to search using minimal letters; this is especially helpful with uncommon spellings. Press F8 to query the database.
- The query returns multiple entries, use the scroll bar on the right to advance through the list. Select the record that you believe is the student you are searching for by clicking on the appropriate line in the ID field.
- In the menu bar, select Options and Search and Display More Detail to return more details about this student to help you determine if this is the correct student’s record.
- The selected student’s name appears on the Person Search Detail form in the first block. Press F8 to show more details.
- The students address appears in the second block. Use the information provided for this student to determine if this is the correct student. If you have found the correct student, click on the blackX to return to the SOAIDEN page and skip to #11.
- If you need to search further and another name appears in the first block (use the scroll bar in this first block to view more names) of the Person Search Detail, select another name to return more details about that student. If this is the correct student, click on the black X to return to the SOAIDEN page and skip to #11. If you still have not found the correct student, click on the blackX to return to the SOAIDEN page and select another name. Repeat steps 7 through 10.
- Once you have determined that you have the correct student from the SOAIDEN page, double click on the ID field for your choice.
- The name and ID automatically populate in the fields in the Key Block of the SGASTDN form that you started in. If you need to continue in Internet Native Banner with this chosen ID, in theSGASTDN form, select NEXT BLOCK. If you were only looking to find the M number and you are finished, to close Internet Native Banner, click on the black X and then click on the red X.
Open the form you want to view.
Between the ID field and name fields, click search. Choose Person Search.
Enter your name search. Here we are searching for anyone with the last name of Adams. Enter <F8>
Here are your search results.
To get more information to determine if this is the person you want, single click in the ID field of the person you want to see and choose Options - Search and Display More Detail.
Enter <F8> to execute your query.
At the bottom of the screen, the person's addresses will display. This information may help you decide if this is the right person. Close the form.
If you have decided that this is the person you want view, then double click in the ID field of that person.
The name and ID automatically populate in the fields in the Key Block. You are now ready to view this person's record (Don't forget to Next Block!).
Reducing Your Search Results
- Enter the name of the person you are looking for (last name, first name) and press the ENTER key.
- The ID and Name Extended Search form will appear.
- Open the pull-down list to view the names that match.
- You can reduce your search results by entering any of the following information in the appropriate field: city, state, zip code, name type, SSN, birth date or gender. After you enter the information click the reduce search icon.
- Click on the name from the pull-down list.
- The name and ID automatically populate in Key Block. Don't forget to <Next Block> to enter the form.