MyEdu is both a professional and social profile connected to your Blackboard account.
A profile is not the same as your user account.
- A user account is a reflection of your student registration information at your institution. You can edit your user account information by editing your personal information.
- A profile is a reflection of how you want to present yourself to your peers, classmates, instructors, and employers. In your Blackboard profile, you decide what you want to be called, what your academic interests are, and anything else you want to share.
Profiles are stored in the Blackboard cloud—not at the institution. This means that you can keep your profile through your academic and professional life and maintain your academic relationships and networks using the same MyEdu profile.
- In the drop down menu under your name in the top right hand corner of the Blackboard window, click on the blank avatar to access your profile.
- You will first be asked to accept the Terms of Service for using myEdu. Select the radio button to indicate you have read the terms, then click Agree.
Enter your Missouri State email address in the My Primary Email Address box. Click Submit.
If you had a MyEdu profile on the previous Missouri State Blackboard system, your email address will be recognized. Follow the instructions on How to Merge an Existing MyEdu Profile to finish setting up your profile.
- This will take you to the Blackboard + myEdu screen. If you do not already have a MyEdu account, choose I Don't Have A MyEdu Account. If you do, select that option and log in.
- Next, fill in all the pertinent information about yourself, and click Done.
Choose your Privacy Setting. Missouri State only allows you choose Hidden or My Institution. Then click Done.
- Then you'll get a success screen and you can click View Your Profile. This will take you back to the Blackboard homepage, but you can repeat step #1 to return to your profile.
Edit My Profile Screen
Below is an example of a filled out Cover Page. You can add tiles from the tile library below and using the top right link, can also arrange your tiles as you wish. You can also add Projects, Competencies, and Work Experience either via tiles or the side bar. Many of them are self explanatory, but for more detailed explanations, check out this guide.
Settings & Privacy
To change your Settings & Privacy, click the button right below your name:
This will bring up your Settings & Privacy page. Here you can change your picture, how your name will be displayed, your e-mail address, privacy options, and other things. This is also where you can choose to delete your Profile. Be sure that you press save after you have made your changes.
Changing your picture
Once you click the Settings & Privacy button, select the Change Picture button at the top of the page. You can then select an image from your computer to use as your Blackboard profile picture. You should upload a photo that shows your face clearly and is appropriate for online classrooms. This picture will be seen on all of your Blackboard activities, such as Discussion Board posts, Journal entries, Messages, etc.
If you set your privacy level to Hidden, your profile picture will not appear, even if it has already been uploaded. If you switch to My Institution, the picture should instantly show up.
Click Save when you’re done making changes. This will take you back to the Blackboard homepage.
Reporting a Profile
Profiles can be reported by clicking on the grey flag in the lower right corner.
Information filled is reported to the Missouri State Blackboard System Administrator. Information you report is not shared with the reported user.