Your Live@edu account includes 7GB of storage in OneDrive, an online storage feature attached to your BearPass e-mail account that gives you easy access to stored files on OneDrive from any computer with internet access.
From OneDrive, you can also create new Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel documents online and then download those documents to your computer.
Accessing Windows OneDrive
- If you know your Live@edu email password you can log directly in to OneDrive from http://OneDrive.live.com.
You will need to sign-in using your My Grizzly Den firstname.lastname@example.org and your email password (sometimes different than your My Grizzly Den password).
- You will see the OneDrive page for your e-account. Look below for an example.
Saving a File to OneDrive using a Web Browser
- On your OneDrive page, click the folder you wish to add files to.
- Click the Upload button.
- In the window that opens, select the file you wish to upload.
- Browse your computer for the file you want to add, and then click Open. Your file will be added to the folder you chose in OneDrive.
Creating a New OneDrive Folder
Before creating a new folder, ensure you are on the main OneDrive page.
- On your OneDrive page, point to Create, and then click Folder.
- On the Create a folder page, in the Name box, type the name you want to give your folder, and then click Next.
- Follow the steps to add files to your new folder, or click Cancel to leave the folder empty.
Saving a File to OneDrive using Microsoft Office 2010
When using Microsoft Office 2010 you can save a file directly to OneDrive and skip having to open a web browser to upload a document.
The steps will be the same for any Microsoft Office 2010 program (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), .To do this follow these steps:
- While working on a document in Microsoft Office 2010 click the File tab.
- From the File tab select the Save & Send option and then Save to Web.
- At this point you will need to sign in to your OneDrive account by clicking the Sign In button displayed on the screen. It will ask for your user name and password.
- Once you are signed in you will see a listing of your OneDrive folders. Select the folder in your OneDrive you wish to save the file to and click Save As.
- Once you click Save As you will be taken back to your document where a save screen will pop up. Name your file and click the Save button.
- Once Save is clicked the document will be automatically saved to your OneDrive account each time you click the save icon in the top left part of the screen unless specified otherwise from this point on.
This will be evidenced by the green arrows present on the save icon.