- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Beginning with the Summer 2018 semester, instructors will choose which of their courses (if any) they want to have a Blackboard course for. This means courses will no longer be added to Blackboard automatically; instructors must use the Class Dashboard in My Missouri State before every semester to request their Blackboard courses be created.
If you do not intend to use Blackboard for a course, please do not request a Blackboard course shell for it.v
|Table of Contents|
Watch a video
Request a Blackboard Course
- To access the Class Dashboard, you can use this link: https://mis.missouristate.edu/University/classDashboard/
- You can also access the Class Dashboard by navigating to My Missouri State and selecting the Teaching & Advising tab.
- On the Teaching and Advising tab, there is a module called Faculty Services and a menu for Rosters and Evaluations. The Class Dashboard is in this menu.
- Click on Class Dashboard and a new browser page will open. This is the Class Dashboard menu.
- Select the term for the courses you want created in Blackboard.
- Click Submit Search.
- A new page will load called Blackboard Options. This will list all of the courses you are assigned to for the selected term.
- Select the checkbox to the left of the course name for each class you want to have a Blackboard course for.
Click Submit to Blackboard. Your courses will be created in Blackboard shortly, though it can take up to 48 hours before they appear.
It typically takes at least 2-4 hours before requested courses appear on Blackboard. However, this process can take up to 48 hours.
Combine Courses in Blackboard
In the past, combined courses were created in Blackboard by cross listing them in Banner. Now, instructors can combine any of their courses using the Class Dashboard. Typically, combined Blackboard courses are used by instructors teaching multiple sections of the same course or the undergraduate and graduate sections of course. If you choose to combine courses in Blackboard, the enrollments for the selected sections will be added to one Blackboard course.
- Follow steps 1-7 above.
- Select the check box to the left of the course names that you want to combine in Blackboard.
- Click Combine Classes in Blackboard.
Enter a name for your combined course and hit Submit.
This name is what you and your students will see when looking for the course in Blackboard, so make sure it is clear and easily identifiable. The term will be appended to the name for you automatically, “SU18” for example, so you do not need to include it in the name.
The Combined Blackboard Courses tab will open and the list of all combined courses is shown. You can return to this tab at any time to add or remove a course from the combined Blackboard course using the CRN.
Before combining courses, make sure you select the correct courses/sections. Once you start adding course content to a combined course in Blackboard there is no way to separate individual course content and data into separate courses.