- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
If you want to create your test offline using Microsoft Excel, you can do so by saving the test in a special file, and then uploading to Blackboard. Once in Blackboard, the questions can be added to different tests as if they were created using the Blackboard system.
|Table of Contents|
Excel question format
You can create tests offline using Microsoft Excel. When you create a test in Excel, there are rules you must follow:
In the first column, you must indicate what type of question you are adding. See the table below for a full list of question type shorthand.
You will notice there is not a Calculated Formula or Hot Spot Shorthand. As of now, these question types cannot be created offline using Excel.
Type of Question
Fill in the Blank
- The second column is the question text.
- The third column will be the answer to the question. If you have multiple answers, you will place them in the following columns. Refer to the example below.
To create a test in Excel
- Open Excel.
- Following the format discussed above, enter your questions in Excel.
- When you have finished your test questions, click the File Tab, Save As, and then select a location.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your file.
- In the Save as type, select Text (Tab Delimited), and then click Save.
To upload test questions from Excel to Blackboard
- On the Control Panel, under Course Tools, click Tests, Surveys, and Pools.
- Click Tests.
- Next to the test you wish to edit, click to expand the Contextual Menu, and then click Edit.
- Click Upload Questions.
- On the Upload Questions page, under Upload Questions, click Choose File and locate the .txt file that contains your Excel questions.
- You will also need to type the points possible for each test question in the Points per question box.
- When you are finished, click Submit.
Watch a Video Tutorial