- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Please note that, while anyone can download and use the recorder, only faculty accounts are able to upload recordings to the Mediasite servers.
- Login to Mediasite Management Portal using your MSU credentials and password.
- In the My Mediasite Portal panel there are three (3) steps, Windows and Mac pictured below.
- Select the blue Download Desktop Recorder for Windows (or Mac) button in the left bottom corner. The minimum computer system requirements are displayed directly above the download button. Note: Mediasite should auto detect your computer operating system and provide the appropriate version for your system.
- The Terms and Conditions window for the MDR application will appear and prompt you to either select I Agree or Close. Select I Agree if you wish to continue with downloading and installing the software.
Once the software is downloaded, install Mediasite Desktop Recorder and follow your system prompts to complete the installation. Software installation is dependent on your desktop or laptop computer system you are planning to use for your recording. For additional help and support contact your Department ITSS or DUSS in your college or contact the Help Desk.
- Register your Mediasite Desktop Recorder with the Mediasite Server. You should be prompted to choose the Mediasite Desktop Recorder application after selecting the Register button. Please select the Mediasite Desktop Recorder application from your Programs or Applications menu list. The registration and authentication with the Mediasite Server is facilitated through a confirmation email sent based on your Profile email settings. This process links your recording computer or laptop to the Mediasite Server allowing you to upload your recorded content to your Private folder.