When the upgrade to Blackboard SaaS occurred in May 2018, only the last year’s worth of courses were migrated to the new system. Summer 2017, Fall 2017, and Spring 2018 courses were migrated and are now available on the new Blackboard system. Student data and grades were only migrated for Spring 2018 courses. If you need to move course materials from the old, Legacy Blackboard Learn site to the new Blackboard site, you can follow the instructions on this page.
Please note: Blackboard file packages do not download correctly from the Safari browser on Mac computers. Use a different browser or a PC to download course export or archive packages. If you must use Safari, you can change its settings to allow for downloaded zip files.
For assistance with this process, contact the Help Desk at 417-839-5891 or Aubrey Larimore Vargas at 417-836-6056.
Please follow the steps below exactly as they are listed.
Step 1: Export Your Course
This step is taken in the old Blackboard site at bblegacy.missouristate.edu.
- Go to Blackboard Legacy bblegacy.missouristate.edu and enter the course you would like to export.
- Under the Control Panel, navigate to Packages and Utilities and select Export / Archive Course
Click Export Package.
Make the selections as indicated in the image below.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the course items you want included in the export package.
Scroll back to the top of the page and make sure that your course package size is less than 1GB by clicking Calculate Size. Then click Submit.
If your course package size is over 1GB you will need to clean up your course files. You can do this either by clicking Manage Package Contents or going to the Content Collection menu and browsing the course files for duplicated or unnecessary files that can be removed from the course. For more information see Legacy How to Access Content Collection.
You will see a Success notice at the top of the page. It could take a few minutes for the export to complete, and then you will receive an email from the system when it's time to move on to the next step.
Do not move on until you receive the email that the export is complete. Moving to the next step before you receive the email can result in a corrupted export file, and your course will not import correctly.
When the export is complete, you'll receive an email. Navigate back to Export / Archive Course in the Control Panel. You'll find your export package with a corresponding time and date stamp. Simply click on the file name to begin downloading your export.
Once you click on the file name it will download into your computer's downloaded files area.
Move on to Step 2 - Import Your Exported Course to Blackboard Saas.
Step 2: Import Your Exported Course to Blackboard SaaS
This step will take place in the new Blackboard SaaS at https://blackboard.missouristate.edu
- Navigate to Blackboard https://blackboard.missouristate.edu and sign in with your usual BearPass ID and password.
- On the Blackboard dashboard, find your course in the My Courses module.
- In the Control Panel, go to Packages and Utilities > Import Package / View Logs.
- Select Import Package.
- On the Import Package page under the Select a Package area, click Browse My Computer.
- You can then navigate to the export package you created in Step 1 and click Open. The below example is from a PC.
- You should then see your export file listed on the Select a Package area.
- In the Select Course Material area, click Select All, then Submit.
- When the import completes, you see a Success message at the top of the page.
Step 3: Send us Your Feedback
Send us your feedback by filling out this quick survey: Feedback Survey (You’ll be prompted to log in). Let us know what support and resources will be most helpful to faculty in making this transition.