Send all dates to The Office of the Registrar to build the parts of term before starting.
Course section information
- Open SSASECT.
- In the term field, enter the term you are building the class for.
- For spring classes, the year is followed by 20
- For summer classes, the year is followed by 30
- For spring classes, the year is followed by 40
- Click on Create CRN.
- In the Subject field, enter the 3 letter code for the class. (Ex. FIN, QBA, ACC, MKT, CIS)
- Tab to the Course Number field, enter the 3 digit number for the class.
- Tab to the Section field. Notice that the Title field is filled from the catalog. Enter the section number.
- Tab to the Campus field. Enter Y. This code means that the class will be held on the Springfield campus, but students will not get charged student services fees.
- Tab to Status. Enter A for active.
- Tab to Schedule Type field. Enter LEC for lecture.
- Tab. Notice that the Instructional Method field fills with TRAD for traditional.
- Tab to Part of Term and click on the drop-down box.
- Scroll through the list until you find the parts of term that start with "B." These are the part of term that are created especially for the EMBA program by The Office of the Registrar.
- Click on the dates that match the length of time for the course.
- Click OK.
- In the Credit Hours field, enter the number of credit hours. It is listed on the first line.
- Tab to the field below called Billing Hours. Fill in the same number you entered for Credit Hours.
- At the bottom, click on the checkbox next to Tuition and Fee Waiver.
- Save. You now have a CRN. The screen should look similar to this:
- Click on Options and choose Course Section Comments.
- Next block two times to get to the Section Long Text field.
- In the Section Long Text field, enter For EMBA students only.
- Save and close to return to the Course Section Information page.
Enrollment and reserved seats
- Click on the Section Enrollment Information tab.
- In the Maximum field, enter the number of seats in the class. This is typically set to 40.
- Click on the Reserved Seats tab. This is what keeps other students from registering in these classes.
- In the Reserved Maximum on the first line, enter 0.
- Arrow down to the second line. In the Program field, enter BUAE-MBA.
- Click the drop down on the Curricula field. Choose Any.
- Click the checkbox next to Overflow.
- In the Reserved Maximum field, enter the number you entered in step 2. (this example used 40)
- Save. The screen should look like this:
Meeting times and instructors
- Click on the Meeting Times and Instructors tab.
- Press TAB two times. The term start and end dates will populate based on the part of term that is chosen on the Course Section Information tab.
- Click the days of the week the class will meet.
- In the Start Time field, enter the time the class will start. Times are recorded in 24 hour military time. (9:00 a.m. is 0900. 1:00 p.m. is 1300)
- Tab to the End Time field. Enter the time the class will end. This is also 24 hour military time.
- Click on the Meeting Location and Credits tab.
- In the Building field, enter the four letter code for the building. (ex: GLAS)
- In the Room field, enter the room number. This must be four digits. (instead of room 112, enter room 0112)
- Next block to get to the Instructor section.
- Click on the drop down under ID. This will bring up a search page.
- In the Last Name field, enter the instructor's last name. This field is case sensitive.
- In the First Name field, enter the instructor's first name. This field is case sensitive as well. If the first name is now known, it can be left blank.
- Click on Query and choose Execute. This will bring back results for all the people who meet the entered criteria.
- Double click on the ID number of the correct instructor. This will return your selection to the Instructor page.