Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

This page is no longer being updated. Please refer to the Knowledge Base to view the most updated information.

  1. Log into Administrative Banner.
  2. Enter the page name SFAALST in the Search field if entering final grades or the page name SFASLST if entering midterm grades.   

  3. Type the term that you are entering grades for in the Term field.

  4. Type the CRN of the class you are entering grades for in the CRN field.
  5. Leave the Roll and Degree Award Status fields blank.
  6. Click Go or use the keyboard shortcut Alt Page Down to view the class roster.
  7. Enter the grade for each student in either the Midterm Grade or Final Grade field depending on which type of grade you are entering.

    If you click the drop down box under Midterm Grade or Final Grade it will pull up a form that has every possible grade that exists in Banner. However, not all of these grades are permitted to be entered by departments. Banner will allow you to enter any of these grades, but they are not to be used.

    You should only assign grades that correspond with the grade mode assigned to the student. For example, only students with a grade mode of P (or Y for graduate courses) should be given a grade of P or NP.

    The following grades can be assigned to students by departments:

    • A, A-
    • B+, B, B-
    • C+, C, C-
    • D+, D
    • F
    • I
    • P or NP (this grade can only be entered if the “Grade Mode” is set to “P”)
    • Z (this grade can only be entered on graduate courses if the “Grade Mode” is set to “Z" or "Y")
  8. To navigate from one student to the next, hit the down arrow key or use your cursor.

    There may be multiple pages of students. The default setting only shows you 20 students at a time. You can view the next page of students by hitting the down arrow key, or by clicking on the right arrow symbol to go to the next page.

  9. Save the record by clicking the Save  button in the bottom right corner of the screen, or hitting the F10 key on your keyboard.

For questions or comments, contact the Computer Services Help Desk