Respondus Exam Author downloads and current license keys can be found in the Learning Management System Resources for Faculty organization. This can be found in Blackboard under the Community tab. License Key expired on July 31st of each year and must be reset by each user. For the new license key, see the Respondus Downloads area of the Learning Management System Resources for Faculty organization in Blackboard.
Downloading the program
Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista
32 MB RAM minimum
Hard Disk Space
10 MB of free hard disk space for program files
1024x768 or 1280x720 minimum resolution
The file size is approximately 10 MB.
Installing the program
- Click the Respondus Setup file, and then click Run.
- On Respondus 4.0 Campus Wide InstallShield Wizard click Next.
- Accept the license agreement, and then click Next.
- Leave the destination folder settings and project folder settings at default, and then click Next.
- When you are finished with the wizard, click Install.
- The installation will also ask whether you want to install the Respondus Equation Editor. Go ahead and do so.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish to close the Wizard.
Starting the program
After you have installed the program, you will need to do an initial setup before you begin using Respondus.
- Once Respondus is installed, start the program by double-clicking the Respondus 4.0 Campus-Wide icon that appears on your desktop.
- Activate your copy by entering the following information in the available boxes:
- Institution Name: Missouri State University
- Local Support Contact(s): http://helpdesk.missouristate.edu
- Installation Password: This is found in the Blackboard Organization that you downloaded the software from.
- Click License.
When you first start using Respondus you will need to set the CMS Personality.
- From the Current Personality list, select Blackboard 7.x – 9.x.
- Click OK.
Configure Respondus to Missouri State University's Blackboard server
- Under the Start tab, Open or Create a new Respondus file.
- Click the Preview & Publish tab.
- Click the Publish to Blackboard option and click the Publish Wizard button.
- From the Choose Server list, select - add new server -.
- Select Yes, check for preconfigured server settings, and then click Next.
- Choose Pre-Configured for Missouri State University and click OK.
Complete the fields with your chosen name to remember the server. We recommend using My Bb Courses or something similar. Type your Username and Password just as you would enter when logging onto Blackboard. Select to remember Password, or you can enter it each time you publish your Respondus Exams to Blackboard. Select Run connection test and click Next.
If your BearPass ID Password is updated, you will also need to update it in Respondus.
- Click Next once the connection test is complete.
- Click Finish.
- Click Next on the Publish Wizard.
You are now connected to the MSU Blackboard server and your Blackboard courses should appear from the Choose Course list to publish your exam or pool.
Problems with installation
If you have any problems with installation or configuration, contact the Computer Services Help Desk.