Adobe Connect meetings can be recorded and saved for playback at any time. Adobe Connect will record the entire meeting. The entire recording is done from the perspective of a participant. This allows users to play the recording at whatever size they would like, and use most of the features that a participant would have interacted with during the live session.
Recording a meeting
Once audio and video have been enabled, the Host/Presenter will click Meeting > Record Meeting to start recording the session.
From within your meeting room, select Record Meeting from the Meeting menu.
In the Record Meeting dialog box, type a Name and Summary for the recording and click OK.
A notifier and a red recoding button will appear on the upper right hand side of the Adobe Connect software. This indicates to all participants that the meeting is being recorded.
Stopping the recording of the meeting
- Ensure that the red recording button is seen in the upper right hand corner of the Adobe Connect screen before beginning the negotiation.
- Once the meeting has been completed, click on this red button and choose Stop Recording.
- You can also click Meetings > Stop Recording. There is also an option to Pause Recording if there is need for a break to discuss sensitive matters.
Managing the recording of the meeting
The recorded meeting will be saved in the meeting folder for your meeting room. To access the recording:
- Go the portal at http://acp.missouristate.edu/. Enter your Missouri State University ID and password to enter your meeting space
- From your Adobe Connect homepage, select Meetings from the top menu bar.
From the main toolbar, click on the Meetings tab. Click the meeting where you recorded the session (e.g. Dr. Hail’s Office).
- This page displays all of the information for the specific meeting room. To view the recordings for this room, select Recordings. A description of the meeting is shown including the URL, the start date, and duration of the meeting. In this window, click the Recordings link.
Click the link of the name of the class to get the meeting information for the recording. Within the recordings section of your meeting, you will have the ability to run the recording. The default access of the recording is set at "Private". This means only the Host can access and view the recordings. To allow participants to view the recording the Host must change the access from "Private" to "Public". Click the check-box and then click the button Make Public.This page displays all of the recordings for the meeting room. In this page you can:
- Delete the recording: Check off the box next to the name and click the Delete button.
- Move to folder: You may move the recording to another folder, such as the Content library, by checking of the box next to the name and clicking the Move To Folder button.
- View the recording: Click on the name of the recording and then the URL for viewing in the following page.
- Edit the recording: Click Edit next to the meeting room name.
- Make the recording Offline: By selecting Make Offline, you can edit in the meeting room without having to be online. You can also save the recording and proceed to post elsewhere.
- Control Access: Click Make Public or Make Private to allow everyone, or selected participants to see your recording.
- Click the link to go to the next screen to get the URL. Copy and paste this URL and send in an email or insert the recording in your Blackboard course for students to watch.
Click on the name of the recording you wish to edit. A page with the recording information will appear. Click Edit Recording, or Make Offline (bottom of page). When editing online, rudimentary linear editing tools are provided. For offline editing, the recording is downloaded as a .FLV file.
If you clicked Edit Recording, once in the recording, a tool bar will appear at the bottom of the playback. Use the Settings tool to either hide names of attendees during playback or hide Pods during playback. You will also be able to edit/crop sections out of the recording. Click Save to save the edited recording.
If you clicked Make Offline, an information pop-up (Offline Recording) will appear. Click Proceed with Offline Recording to continue. Once you have downloaded the recording you will be able to upload the video to another server or to a DVD for playback.