As a Presenter you are responsible for leading the discussion or presentation in the meeting room. Once participants have entered the room you can enable their audio, video, and sharing of documents. The following information may be used as a checklist for engaging a group discussion exercise.
Accessing the Adobe Connect web site
The students will receive an internet link (URL) through email or Blackboard that will send them to their virtual meeting room. Based on the user designation (Host, Presenter, or Guest) of the students, you will sign into the meeting room based on the following:
- For Host designation: Enter with your login and password.
- For Presenter designation, this could be a Missouri State faculty who has been added as a Presenter or Guest.
- For Guest designation: Enter your full name (first and last)
Entering the virtual meeting room
As soon as the Host and Guest attendees enter the virtual meeting room, the Host will promote the attendee designated as 'Presenter' to the role of Presenter, so that both their camera and voice pod can be shared. The Presenter will now be able to lead the meeting by enabling the camera and voice pod for participants, as well as share documents. Each pod can be sized for maximum viewing. Click on Start My Webcam to show your video, and click Start Sharing. You MUST choose Allow (Flash Popup window) to ensure both Camera and Microphone access will be allowed!
All attendees need to ensure that their audio/microphone icon is a green color. Each attendee will click on the drop-down arrow beside the microphone icon (seen on the toolbar of Adobe Connect) and choose Connect My Audio.
Enable Audio and Video of Participants
Before the meeting begins, the Host/Presenter will enable the Microphone and Video of the participants, so that both their camera and voice pod can be shared. (see above)
All attendees need to ensure that their audio/microphone icon is a green color. Each attendee will click on the drop-down arrow beside the microphone icon (seen on the toolbar of Adobe Connect) and choose Connect My Audio. If there are problems with participants connecting their audio, have them go through the Audio Setup Wizard to configure their microphone.
Promote or Demote Attendees
As the Host/Presenter of the meeting, you have the option of promoting or demoting attendees according to roles. There are three optional roles:
- Host: Set up meetings, invite guests, select layouts, switch modes, share content, control participant interaction (highest role).
- Presenter: Share slides, content, screens, chat and answer questions, and broadcast live audio and video.
- Participant: View/participate in the meeting, view content being shared, participate in chats and polls, and download files.
To change an attendee's role:
- Select the attendee from the Attendee List: the name will be highlighted in green.
- Select the User Role button.
- Change the role, it will automatically appear in the list.
Changing Attendees User Info (Display Name)
If an attendee entered the room with the same name as another attendee, or with a name you do not approve of, you have the option of changing the display name.
To change the display name:
- Select the attendee from the Attendee List: The name will be highlighted in green.
- Select the Pod Options button.
- Select Edit User Info.
- Change the name and/or telephone number if applicable
- Click OK. The change will automatically appear in the Attendee List Pod.
Clearing Attendee Status
Any attendee can clear his/her own status, but the Host can also clear an attendee's status or the status for all attendees. To clear attendee status:
- Select an attendee from the Attendee List: the name will be highlighted in green.
- Select the Pod Options button.
- Select Clear User Status to clear an individual status or Clear Everyone's Status for the entire room. The change will automatically appear.
Setting up the attendees session for Recording
Once all the above items have been enabled, the Host/Presenter will then click Meeting > Record Meeting to start recording the Discussion exercise. A notifier and a red recording button will appear on the upper right-hand side of the Adobe Connect software. This indicates to all participants that the meeting is being recorded.
Stopping the Recording of the discussion meeting
Ensure that the red recording button is seen in the upper right hand corner of the Adobe Connect screen before beginning the negotiation. Once the discussion has been completed, click on this red button and choose Stop Recording. You can also click Meetings > Stop Recording. There is also an option to Pause Recording if there is need for a break to discuss sensitive matters.
Closing the virtual meeting room
To close or end the meeting, the Host will click Meeting > End Meeting. All attendees can then close their Adobe Connect window to exit the software.