There are a couple different options for creating assignments on Blackboard: turnitin assignments, assignments under the Assessments list, and safe assignments under the Assessments list.
To create an assignment
- On the Course Menu, click the content area to which you want to add an assignment.
- Point to Assessments, and then click Assignment.
- On the Create Assignment page, in the Name and Color box, type a name for the assignment.
- In the Instructions area, type instructions for your students, if desired.
- Under Assignment Files, attach any files you wish to the assignment (such as a rubric or grading information).
- Under Grading, type the points possible for the assignment.
- Under Availability, set your availability date and restrictions; this includes number of attempts for each assignment.
- Under Due Dates, select the day you want to make the assignment due; this is not a required step.
- Under Recipients, select whether you want to distribute the assignment to each student or to a specific group of students; this can be useful if you want to give different student groups different projects.
- When you have finished creating your assignment, click Submit.
View documentation on Creating SafeAssignments.