SharePoint has several uses, but one of its most useful features is the calendar. If you or your department has calendar information that you need to share, using SharePoint is a great way to do it.
To Connect to Outlook in Different Browsers
It's quite easy to connect your Outlook Email client to a SharePoint calendar.
- Sign into your SharePoint site in a web browser, and navigate to the calendar that you'd like to connect to.
Click Actions, and then click Connect to Outlook. A window should pop up. This will vary based on the browser you are using; see the browser differences below.
- A window will pop-up in your Outlook Email Client asking you whether you want to connect this SharePoint calendar to Outlook (as shown below). Click Yes.
- The SharePoint Calendar should now show up in your list of calendars in Outlook. You can add appointments to it there, just as you would to any other Outlook calendar.
- Click Allow.
- Select Microsoft Outlook and click OK. Click Allow.
- Click Launch Application.
Apparently, one confirmation dialog is enough for Apple.
Preventing Connect Login In Outlook
Sometime when using outlook a box will come up asking for the user's credentials with the title Connecting to connect.missouristate.edu
To prevent this:
- Click Start.
- In the search box type Internet Options
- Click on the Security tab.
- Click to select Local intranet then just below the box click on the Sites button.
- A new box should come up. Click the Advanced button.
- In the "Add this website to the zone:" box type connect.missouristate.edu then click Add.
- Close the boxes and restart Outlook.
To Create a SharePoint Calendar
If you'd like to add a new calendar to your SharePoint site, you'll have to be a site owner.
- If you have the appropriate permissions, click Site Actions, which can be found in the upper right-hand corner of most SharePoint pages.
- From the Site Actions menu, click Create. A few lists of choices will come up.
- Under Tracking, click the Calendar link. Give it a name, a description, and decide whether you want it to appear in the "Quick Launch," which is the list of links on the left-hand side of most SharePoint pages. Don't set the calendar to receive incoming email.
- Once done, click Create.