TurningKey allows instructors to create and deliver new or existing assessments using the student response system. By creating an answer key for a new or existing assessment, instructors can have students utilize the ResponseCard NXT to complete the assessment.
1. Click New Key on the TurningKey toolbar
2. Enter the appropriate information in the fields provided:
- Select the number of test versions to be created for the answer key. A valid entry is a whole number between 1 and 20.
- Set the default point values for correct and incorrect answers.
- Set the default question type
- Name the test and enter a description, if desired.
3. Click OK.
4. If there are multiple versions of the answer key, select Version number from the drop-down menu.
5. For each question, select the question type from the drop-down menu:
- Multiple Choice - Choose the number of answer choices and then type the correct response in the answer value area.
- Multiple Response - Choose the number of answer choices and then type the correct response(s) in the answer value area.
- Fill in the Blank - Type correct answers in the answer value area. Separate multiple correct keywords with a semicolon.
- Numeric Response - Type the correct answer value in the boxes. If a desired, a minimum and maximum range can be set for a correct value.
- Matching - Choose the number of answer choices and then type the correct order the answers must be entered in the answer value area.
- True/False - check the appropriate box for the correct answer choice.
6. Questions can be added or deleted by selecting the question and clicking the appropriate button.
7. If there are multiple versions of the answer key, repeat steps 4-6 until all of the answer keys are complete.
8. To save the answer key, click Save on the toolbar and select either Save or Save As.