The TurningPoint Parser allows you to import content from a another document into TurningPoint. Each question in the document is imported as a separate TurningPoint slide. Before a document can be imported into TurningPoint, it must be properly formatted. Below is an example of how to format a Microsoft Word document. For further instructions on formatting parser documents, please refer to the TurningPoint user guide.
Importing a Word document into TurningPoint:
1. Click Import on the TurningPoint Ribbon.
2. Select the type of document you would like to import.
3. Navigate to the file you would like to import.
4. Click Open to continue.
5. Click Yes to add the slides to the current presentation or click No to create a new presentation.
TurningPoint builds the slides from the file. If there are many slides, this may take a few moments.
Formatting a Microsoft Word document for use with the TurningPoint Parser:
1. Open the document in Microsoft Word.
2. Remove the question numbers from the questions and the bullets form the answer choices.
3. Question text must be formatted as Heading1.
4. Answer text must be formatted as Heading2.
5. Save and close the document.