- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
“This documentation is in progress as the migration for faculty and staff to Office 365 Education email is ongoing. At this time, refer to Faculty and Staff BearMail for current email guides.”
Once your email account has been migrated to Office 365 Education, you may find that your Android mobile device no longer is syncing to your Missouri State email account. These are the steps to sync your Faculty or Staff email account on your Android device.
We recommend that you use the Outlook app found in the Google Play or Apple App Store over the built-in email phone apps. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-com/mobile/.
Not all versions of Android use the same process for adding an Office 365 Education Email account. Some of these steps may be in a different order, but will generally be the same process across most Android devices. Try and fill out your information to the best of your ability. In this example, we are showing the process for Android version Lollipop (5.0).
- Delete any previous MSU account from your Android device settings.
- Go to your Settings.
- Under the Personal section, select Accounts.
Tap Add Account.
Tap Exchange Account.
Type in your University email address. When finished, tap Next.
Type in your BearPass Password. When finished, tap Next.
- Fill in the following information:
- Email: BoomerBear@MissouriState.edu
- Password: BearPass Password
- Domain\Username: BearPassID@MissouriState.edu (abc123@MissouriState.edu)
- Server: outlook.office365.com
- When finished, tap Next.
- After this information is entered, you will have to select Activate as needed for the fields that show up.