- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Office Web Apps are browser-based versions of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote. Office Web apps allow users to view and edit Microsoft Office documents on any device.
You can use the Office products online, or choose to install the desktop applications onto your Windows or Mac Desktop or tablet. You may download Office 2016 on up to 5 personal devicespersonal devices. For installs on your work devices, contact the Help Desk.
The process that installs Office 2016 also uninstalls all Office 2013 products. As you might expect, Word 2013, Excel 2013, and the rest of the Office suite are uninstalled. In addition, if a computer has InfoPath 2013, SharePoint Designer 2013, or certain versions of Visio 2013 or Project 2013 installed, installing Office 2016 also uninstalls those programs. You won’t be able to reinstall them.
For more information, see "Stop, you should wait to install Office 2016" error.
|Table of Contents|
- Sign in to the Office 365 Education portal at http://portal.office.com. See How to Log into Office 365 Education if you've never accessed your Office 365 account.
- On the main page of your portal, select Install Office 2016. The system will recognize your operating system and the correct download will begin automatically.
- After the install has downloaded, click on the install file to run the application. This process will vary depending on your operating system.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the install (this usually takes several minutes).
- When the install is finished, you should see a message like the one below.
After installing, you can start to use Word, Excel, and the other Office applications. If you can't find the applications, learn how to find the Office applications that you just installed.
How do I create a shortcut on my desktop to Outlook Web App?
Mac and Windows users can create a convenient shortcut that will allow them to double click an icon on their desktop to open Outlook Web App:
- Right click on an empty area of your Windows desktop.
- Select New and , then Shortcut.
- In the "Type the location" space, enter the following: https://outlook.office.com/owa/.
- Click Next, and enter the following in the "Type a name" space: Outlook Web App.
- Click Finish.
- Type in the following address in the address bar, but do not press the return key: https://outlook.office.com/owa/.
- Highlight the address you just typed in your address bar.
- Click and drag the address and drop it on your Mac desktop.
|This method will also work in FireFox, but if Safari is your default web browser, it will launch when the shortcut is clicked.|