- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Course Files The Content Collection is the area in which you can store documents, attachments, media, etc. on Blackboard for current and future use. Once you add material to the Course FilesContent Collection, you can add that material to a content area by using the Build Content listmenu.
You will see that once you access the Course Files area from the Control Panel, the page is called Course Content. These two may be used interchangeably.
|Table of Contents|
Accessing Your Course Files
- On In your course, under the Control Panel in the bottom left of the page, click Content Collection, and then click the name of your course.
Uploading Files and Packages
From the Course Content page, you can upload single files and packages. Instructions on uploading file and packages are available on Uploading Content to Blackboard .
Creating HTML Objects
You can create HTML pages directly from the Course Content page using the basic text editor.On the Course Content page, click Create HTML Object.
The page will be added to the course content as an HTML object. When the object is added to a content area and is accessible, students will see the object open as a web page.
To better organize your course, you can create folders for files and packages.
- On the Course Content page, click Create Folder.
- In the Folder Name box, type a name for your folder, and then click Submit.
- You will see the folder added to the Course Files area. You will now need to organize files into the folder.
To move files into different folders
- Select the files from your Course Files area that you want to move to a different folder or a new folder, and then click Move. You will see the Move Content page.
- Under Destination, click Browse to locate the folder to which you want to move the files.
- Select the appropriate folder, and then click Submit.
- If needed, you cango back and Create a Folder.
Select if you want to overwrite the file with the same name, and then click Submit.NOTE
If you want to replace an existing file in
a folder, like a course syllabus that you have updated, this would be a good item to overwrite. Otherwise, your students may be confused on which syllabus (or other content) they should be viewing.
The files will be nested with the folder you selected.
Deleting Files and Folders
- Select the files from your Course Files area that you want to remove, and then click Delete.
- You will see a dialog, click OK if you want to delete the item. If you did not want to delete, click Cancel.
Copying Files and Folders
- Select the files from your Course Files area that you want to copy, and then click Copy.
- You will have to place the copied file into a folder. Under Destination, click Browse.
- From the folders, select the folder you wish to place the copied file into, and then click Submit.
- Verify that you have the correct folder, and then click Submit.