- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Once you've activated the desired course tools, adding a link to them on your Blackboard Course Menu is quick and easy.
|Table of Contents|
Adding a Tool Link to the Course Menu
- Point to the Contextual Menu (the plus sign in the upper left) on the Course Menu area, and then click Tool Link.
- Select the Tool to add from the drop-down menu, then give it a name that your students will understand and recognize.
- Be sure to make the link available to users by checking the Available to Users box. If you do not do this students will not be able to see the Tool Link and won’t have access to that content.
- Click Submit.
New Course Menu items are automatically added to the bottom of the Course Menu. The links can be rearranged with the drag-and-drop arrows that appear on the left side when you hover.
Adding a Tool Link to a Content Area
- Hover over the Tools menu and select the tool you want to create a link to. If you don’t see the Tool you’re looking for, select More Tools to see all options.
Depending on the Tool selected, follow the steps on the next page. For example, if you select Discussion Board you can choose to create a link to the entire Discussion Board or just one forum on the Discussion Board. You can also create a new forum on this page and link to it.
- Give the Tool Link a name, if asked. You might also be able to enter a description – this could include information about the Tool or instructions for using it.
Choose the desired Options.
- Click Submit.