- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
A Web Link is a shortcut to an external website. Add one to a content area to provide quick access to a site you wish to direct your students to.
|Table of Contents|
Adding a Web Link to the Course Menu
- Point to the Contextual Menu (the plus sign in the upper left) on the Course Menu area, and then click Tool Web Link.
Image RemovedImage Added
- Select the Tool to add from the drop-down menu, then give it a name that your students will understand and recognize.
Image RemovedEnter the Name you wish displayed for the website (this is what your students will see) and the exact URL.
- Be sure to make the link available to users by checking the Available to Users box. If you do not do this students will not be able to see the Tool Link and won’t have access to that content.
- Click Submit.
New Course Menu items are automatically added to the bottom of the Course Menu. The links can be rearranged with the drag-and-drop arrows that appear on the left side when you hover.
Adding a Web Link to a Content Area
- Hover over the Build Content menu and select Web Link.
Enter the Name you wish displayed for the website and the exact URL.
- Enter a Description of the site, if necessary. This could include information about the site or instructions for using it.
Attach or choose the desired Attachments, Web Link Options, and Standard Options.
Under Web Link Options, it is recommend that you select Yes for Open in a New Window. This keeps Blackboard open in a separate tab.
- Click Submit.