- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
After creating an assignment or test, you might realize that you forgot to set up the due date, or you might need to change to due date from the one you originally selected. The instructions below detail how to add or change a due date on an assignment or test that has already been created. If you need to create a new test or assignment, see the Experts pages on those topics.
|Table of Contents|
Add or Edit a Due Date on a Test
- Locate the Test that you want to edit.
- Hover over the item and select the dropdown arrow to the right of the Test name to open the options menu.
- Select Edit the Test Options.
Scroll down to the Due Date area and enter the desired day and time you want the Test to be due.
If you do not want to accept late submissions, you can check the box that says Do not allow students to start the Test if the due date has passed.
- When you are done, click Submit. A blue bar will appear at the top of the next screen to let you know the Test was successfully edited.
Add or Edit a Due Date on an Assignment
- Locate the Assignment that you want to edit.
- Hover over the item and select the dropdown arrow to the right of the Assignment name to open the Item Options menu.
- Select Edit from the menu.
Scroll down to the Due Dates area and enter the desired day and time you want the Assignment to be due.
All Assignments accept late submissions, but they are clearly marked as Late in the Grade Center.
- When you are done, click Submit. A blue bar will appear at the top of the next screen to let you know the Assignment was successfully edited.
When setting the due date on any item in Blackboard, keep in mind that midnight (12:00AM) is the beginning of the day. If you want the item to be due by the end of Friday, set the due date for 11:59PM or End of Day. Selecting Midnight only allows students to submit by 12:00AM on the chosen date, which for most people is still Thursday night and not Friday.