- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
The Retention Center provides an easy way for you to discover which students in your course are at risk. You can communicate with struggling students and help them take immediate action for improvement. You can also keep track of patterns over time.
- To access the Retention Center, first click on the drop down menu next to your name in the top right hand corner of the Blackboard window. From there, select the Retention Center icon. It's highlighted in the screenshot below:
- This will bring you to the My Blackboard Retention Center overview. The left panel will feature a list of the courses you're instructing, and the right panel will have details for whichever course you select from the left.:
- To use the Retention Center in one of your courses, select the course name on the left then click Start tracking now:
- It will take a few minutes to load, but you will see the risk breakdown for your students.
- Clicking on the See Details or See more details buttons will bring you to the full Retention Center, as seen below:
- From this screen, you can see a quick overview of students that are not keeping up with your course. For more information on a specific student, just click on their name. This will take you to a Retention Status screen:
- This screen will give you in-depth information into the student's performance in your course. You can also select to "Monitor" the student more closely in Retention Center. You're also able to sent the student a message with the Notify button:
- Selecting any of these options will take you to a notification screen, where you can send the student (or the student and observers) a notification about their performance in class.
When you are working in your course, you can access the Retention Center at any time by going to the Evaluation menu and selecting Retention Center.
Watch a video
For more on the retention center, check out this video from Blackboard: