- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Watch a Video Demonstration
Step by step guide
To set up a test in Blackboard that requires students to use Respondus LockDown Browser, follow these steps:
- To activate Respondus Lockdown Browser on a Blackboard Exam, you must first have the exam deployed in your course.
- Next, you must make sure the the Respondus Lockdown Browser tool is available in your course.
- To do so, go to the Control Panel and click Customization > Tool Availability.
- Locate the Respondus Lockdown Browser tool, and click the checkbox to make the tool available.
- Click Submit to save this setting.
- Next, go to Control Panel > Course Tools > Respondus Lockdown Browser.
- Now that you are in the tool, any deployed exams will be listed.
- Click the menu to the left of the Exam you want to set up, and click Settings.
- This will bring up the option to enable Lockdown Browser for this particular exam.
If you would like students to provide a password for the exam, you will enter the exam password in the appropriate box.
Even if you do not enter a password on this page, Respondus will autogenerate a password on the Blackboard Test Options page. This password tells the system that Respondus is required for this test; if you delete the autogenerated password in the Test Options page your Respondus test will not work and students won’t be able to take the test.
If you see a password like the one shown above in your Blackboard Test Options, do not delete it. Your test will not work in Respondus without this password.
- This screen is also where you can enable Respondus Monitor.
- Click Save and Close.
Be sure to instruct your student to choose Missouri State University - Blackboard SaaS as the server when they are prompted. If they do not do this, it is likely that their screen will lock on them.
I Need More Help