- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
This guide is to help set up a wireless connection on a Chrome Book or Chrome device.
Which Network to Use:
MSU: Living Off Campus
|Table of Contents|
MSU & MSU ResNet Wireless Guide
- From the network menu in the upper right-hand corner select MSU (or MSU ResNet if you currently live on campus).
- Select PEAP as the EAP method.
- Select MSCHAPv2 for the Phase 2 Authentication.
- Change the Server CA certificate to Do not check.
- Type your BearPass Login in the Identity box and your BearPass Password in the Password box.
- Click Connect
This method is no longer needed due to the GUI menu that has been added to Chrome OS.
Enter the crosh shell by pressing CTRL + ALT + T
Type shell and press enter to open the bash shell
Gain root privileges by typing sudo -s and pressing enter
Type wpa_cli and press enter
Run the following commands to setup the configuration for MSU:
set_network X ssid
set_network X scan_ssid
set_network X proto WPA
set_network X priority
set_network X key_mgmt WPA-EAP
set_network X eap PEAP
set_network X identity
set_network X password
set_network X phase2
|The X corresponds to the number that is returned when you issue the add_network command:|