- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Explanation of iGrade Instructor Evaluations
This does NOT replace evaluations conducted by University departments.
This system was developed at the request of the Student Government Association (SGA) in an effort to provide more meaningful and appropriate evaluations than can be found on commercial websites.
The members of SGA developed the list of evaluation questions desired and these questions were reviewed, revised, and then approved by the members of the Faculty Senate.
- Only full semester and block classes for fall and spring semesters can be evaluated
- Evaluations can be submitted after the Last Day to Drop/Withdrawal for full-length semester classes through the date that final grade rosters are due
- Evaluation results are available for viewing the date that final grades are available for viewing and remain available thereafter
- All eligible classes can have evaluations submitted regardless of the number of students enrolled
- Only classes that have 10 or more students enrolled AND 10 or more evaluations submitted will have evaluation results available for viewing
- Evaluations are submitted via the PIN protected My Student Information system which ensures that students are enrolled in classes to be evaluated and that only one evaluation per class is submitted
- Evaluations cannot be changed once submitted
The results will have value if:
- A large percentage of students participate each semester
- The evaluation ratings are done without being biased by instructor race, nationality, gender, age, or “hotness”
- The evaluation ratings are based on the class instruction rather than individual student performance
To Submit Evaluations
Go to the Academics Tab in My Missouri State and then Class Schedule and select the iGrade Instructor Evaluation link at the bottom of the page.
To View Evaluations
Students: Go to the Academics Tab in My Missouri State and then iGrade Instructor Evaluations located in the Registration Tools Channel.
Faculty: Go to the Teaching and Advising Tab in My Missouri State and then to iGrade Instructor Evaluations located in the Faculty Services Channel.
The original system as described allowed only a small percentage of evaluations to be viewable. It was decided to modify the system to aggregate all evaluations of each instructor rather than having evaluations listed per instructor per class per semester. This change allows evaluation information to be available for almost all instructors. The only exclusions are for instructors who have fewer than 10 evaluations submitted.
This redesign of the iGrade system also allows the University to better comply with the recently enacted Consumer Information provisions of Senate Bill 389.