changes.mady.by.user Unknown User (db232)
- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
This page is no longer being updated. Please refer to the Knowledge Base to view the most updated information
So, you've spoken to someone at the Computer Services Help Desk or submitted a support request through the Help Desk Website, and it's been determined that Bomgar remote support is needed to resolve your issue.
- Click on the link inside an email you will receive in order to start the session.
- Click Yes.
- Follow the instructions listed on the support portal page.
- Choose the location to which the installer will be saved. Click Save.
- Run the file, and you will get the following screen as Bomgar connects your computers.
- Keep track of the Bomgar service in the Customer Client window that appears so that you know exactly what is happening. You can also chat with your Computer Services assistant if he or she enables the feature. The Send and Send File buttons will be grayed out while it is disabled.
- Choose to Allow or Refuse access to your computer if your Help Expert requests access to your mouse or computer screen.
Select which applications the Computer Services Employee can see and access by putting a checkmark in the box next to the name. If you're unsure what to select, ask the Help Expert to explain your options. Click OK.
Click the large, red X on the Customer Client window if you ever want to end the session before the Help Desk assistant is finished. Then, click Yes to confirm that you want to end the Bomgar session.
- Click OK, and your Bomgar session is complete.